Eugene Chow's Story
Chow King & Associates specializes in representing business investors in acquiring appropriate visas or permanent residence in the US and Hong Kong, as well as the representation of corporate clients wishing to employ or transfer key personnel to these destinations on employment visas. Our clients include the widest variety of individuals as well as businesses, from persons wishing to immigrate based on family relationships or employment and investors to large, publicly-listed multinational companies. The firm has well-established referral relationships with law firms and accounting firms requiring international immigration law expertise who do not maintain in-house immigration practices or co-counsel cases with law firms in a cooperative business framework.
We also handle citizenship and related nationality matters, including counseling and representing individuals with the US expatriation process and assisting individuals in the acquisition of an alternative citizenship to facilitate visa-free travel, for tax planning purposes, or as a hedge against negative economic or political developments in their countries of origin.
Our comprehensive range of immigration services also include advocacy of complex visa issues involving grounds of statutory ineligibility before the US Consulates, processing criminal waivers before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services as well as handling administrative appeals and federal court litigation in immigration cases. Whatever the assignment, the firm is committed to ensuring that each client receives the same high standard of personalized, dependable, confidential and professional services.
Among the accomplishments of Eugene Chow, the principal of the firm, are the following:
- Board Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law, California Board of Legal Specialization, since 1989- present.
- Named to the list of 23 "Most Highly Regarded Individuals" globally in Corporate Immigration in the 2005 and 2006 Editions of Who's Who Legal, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers
- Named as the number one practitioner in Hong Kong for Corporate Immigration legal expertise in the 2005 Edition of "The International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers".
- Selection to "The International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers" 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 4th and 5th (2005) Editions (Law Business Research Ltd.)
- Selection to 2001, 2000 and 1999 editions of "Who's Who of the Law, Hong Kong and China" (THC Press) >More
- Designated as Honorary Fellow of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars in recognition of contributions to scholarly activities and publications of the Center for International Legal Studies in Salzburg, Austria.
- Member, Congress of Fellows, Center for International Legal Studies, Salzburg, Austria