"My experience is that all people, no matter their place in life, need caring assistance in their struggle with the Immigration Service."
Mark Ivener's Story
For more than 35 years, immigration attorney Mark Ivener has exclusively practiced immigration law. He has lectured on U.S. immigration law, visas and EB-5 investor Green Cards for organizations such as the World Trade Institute; the International, California and Los Angeles Bar Associations; the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); and Immigration Lawyers on the Web (ILW.com).
His books include Handbook of Immigration Law, Volumes I & II; Doing Business in the USA Under Free Trade; Get the Right Visa; A Complete Guide to Getting An American Visa (in Japanese); and Have You Thought About Immigrating to the US? (in Spanish). In addition, he has authored many articles for such publications as the International Law Journal, the Canadian-American Bar Association Newsletter and Business and the Law.
A leader in his field, Mark Ivener is a founder of the National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms (IMMLAW) and the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL). He is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Immigration and Naturalization), the International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers and Chambers Global and USA.
"This full-service firm is highly regarded in the market, particularly in the EB-5 investor category and for representing companies and individuals in the entertainment industry."
Mark Ivener is described by interviewees as "the dean of immigration lawyers." He continues to garner significant market respect for his many years at the forefront of the business immigration space."-Chambers Global 2016
"A hugely respected West Coast business immigration firm, regularly acting for blue-chip corporate clients from its Los Angeles headquarters. Handles the full range of matters, including investor visas and visas for entertainment industry clients."-Chambers USA 2016
- Chambers USA 2016 states: What the team is known for A hugely respected West Coast business immigration firm, regularly acting for blue-chip corporate clients from its Los Angeles headquarters. Handles the full range of matters, including investor visas and visas for entertainment industry clients.
- Chambers Global 2016 states: Mark Ivener is described by interviewees as "the dean of immigration lawyers." He continues to garner significant market respect for his many years at the forefront of the business immigration space.
- Chambers USA 2015 states: ["Ivener & Fullmer] has the utmost professionalism, the latest knowledge on immigration laws and provide honest and straightforward information." "The client service is personalized and one-on-one. They never treat you as a client – always as a partner."
- Chambers Global 2015 states: "Mark Ivener is ‘the dean of immigration lawyers – he has never guided us wrong,’ according to a client. He has substantial expertise advising clients in the areas of compliance and non-immigrant and immigrant visas."
- Chambers USA 2014 states: "This full-service firm is highly regarded in the market, particularly in the EB-5 investor category and for representing companies and individuals in the entertainment industry." "Mark Ivener advises clients on immigrant visas, nonimmigrant visas and compliance. Market sources say he is "a legend in the EB-5 category" and that "his reputation is stellar."
- Chambers Global 2014 states: "Mark Ivener is based in Los Angeles and has an excellent reputation particularly in the area of EB-5 investor visas."
- Chambers USA 2013 states: Mark Ivener is 'exceptional, very thoughtful, very inciteful and extremely knowledgeable,' according to informants. He offers a range of immigration services and is deeply involved in work related to the EB-5 investor category."
- Chambers USA 2012 states: "‘Personable, responsive and knowledgeable’, ‘Mark Ivener is noted for his work on the EB-5 investor scheme. He represents a number of regional centers which advise foreign investors.'"
- Chambers USA 2011 states: "Mark Ivener provides particular assistance to persons of extraordinary ability in the field of entertainment. He is described as ‘one of the premier immigration lawyers in the state; he operates at the absolute cutting edge and has the ability to provide highly creative solutions to the most complex of problems.’ Both Ivener and David Fullmer are highly skilled in the arranging of EB-5 investor visas. Sources single out Fullmer’s ‘proactive approach to client concerns; he is responsive, personable and really knowledgeable.'"
- Chambers Global 2011 states: "Mark Ivener of Ivener & Fullmer LLP is a ‘phenomenal lawyer who is not only technically brilliant, but someone who really cares about his clients.’ He has particular expertise in EB-5 investor visas and also advises corporate clients on compliance issues. He has obtained visas for multinational clients throughout China, Japan, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Canada, Mexico and Brazil."
- Chambers USA 2010 states: "Mark Ivener is one of the best immigration lawyers out there – proactive, enterprising and looking out for the best interests of his clients." He is particularly skilled with EB-5 investor visas."
- Chambers Global 2010 states: "According to sources, Mark Ivener of Ivener & Fullmer LLP is ‘phenomenal: responsive, creative and easy to work with.’ His investor visa practice receives most praise, with clients highlighting his ability to ‘always come up with solutions to difficult problems."
- Chambers USA 2009 states: "Clients are full of praise for this ‘go-to business immigration outfit,’ citing the ‘ready access to helpful partners.’ Although its four offices provide the full range of immigration services, the firm is particularly admired for its superb skills and experience in EB5 investor immigration matters."
- Chambers USA 2008 states: "The extremely responsive Mark Ivener has been actively involved in the investor Green Cards arena, and earns praise as a hard-working and extremely knowledgeable attorney."
Mr. Ivener was the only immigration attorney named in Citywealth Magazine's Top 100 Wealth Advisors and Managers in the Americas; Attorney Leaders List, the annual guide to the Most Highly Regarded Figures in Private Wealth Management; and North America's Leading Advisors Top 50.
Mr. Ivener was quoted in the February 3-9, 2012, edition of New Orleans City Business, in an article on EB-5 investors, "Lawmaker Wants Foreign Investment for Terminal." In an article about Louisiana state senator A.G. Crowe wanting to use EB-5 investment funds to finance the Louisiana International Gulf Transfer Terminal, currently an idea for a port at the mouth of the Mississippi River, Mr. Ivener commented on potential conflicts of interest that can result if brokers represent regional centers to which they are steering investors. Mr. Ivener noted that it is common to represent both types of clients separately.