ABIL Members Presented at the AILA Annual Conference
Several members of the Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL) spoke at the American Immigration Lawyers Association's annual conference June 17-20, 2015, in Washington, DC. Among them are:
- Maria Celebi, "Filing a Family IV Petition Abroad—Navigating the Direct Consular Filing"
- Laura Danielson, "If I Had a Million Dollars—Fundamentals of EB-5 Investor Visas"; Robert Aronson from Ms. Danielson's office, "OMG, I Have an IMG! Working With International Medical Graduates," and Debra Schneider, also from Ms. Danielson's office, " Non-PERM Employment-Based Options"
- Bryan Funai, "The Consular Posts Strike Back—Advanced Consular Processing Issues for Business Visas"
- Kehrela Hodkinson, "Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Waivers of Inadmissibility Fundamentals"
- Mark Ivener, " Contingency Planning for Attorneys—The Ethics of Extended Leave, Disability, and Death"
- H. Ronald Klasko, "Advanced EB-5 Panel," Dan Lundy from Mr. Klasko's office, "Intermediate EB-5 Panel," and William Stock from Mr. Klasko's office, "Hot Topics with the AILA National Officers" and "Put the Smart Phone Down: Networking and the Art of the Schmooze"
- Vincent Lau, "PERM Fundamentals—Part I"
- Robert Loughran, "Renunciation, Relinquishment and Loss of Citizenship," and from Foster LLP: Charles C. Foster, "The 50th Anniversary of the Immigration Reform Act of 1965"; Sandra I. Dorsthorst, "Getting' Cozy With Blanket L-1 Visas"; Helene N. Dang, "Building the Narrative—Drafting a Successful Petition and Getting It Right the First Time."
- Sharon Mehlman, "Immigration and Healthcare – Everything You Need To Know About How The ACA Impacts Your Clients" and "Hot Topics Panel With the AILA National Officers"
- Cyrus Mehta, "Immigration and Healthcare—Everything You Need To Know About How The ACA Impacts Your Clients," " AILA Ethics Compendium Session," and " Beyond Deferred Action: Is Permanent Residence An Option"
- Angelo A. Paparelli, "When Size Matters—Entrepreneurs/Start-Ups/Small Business Panel"
- William Reich, "From STDs to TB to Ebola—Medical Grounds of Inadmissibility"
- Lynn Susser, "The 'Business' of Dealing with CBP" and Greg Siskind from Ms. Susser's office, "Ethics and Practice Management in the Digital Age" and "Beware of Marrying a J-1!!! J-1 Family Members and Waiver of § 212(e) Based on Hardship"
- Bernard Wolfsdorf, "The Consular Posts Strike Back—Advanced Consular Processing Issues for Business Visas"
- Stephen Yale-Loehr, moderator, "Behind Closed Doors—An Insider's Perspective on the Immigration Legislative Process," and Carolyn Lee from Mr. Yale-Loehr’s office, "If I Had a Million Dollars—Fundamentals of EB-5 Investor Visas"
Back to Home