UNITED KINGDOM: Changes to the Sponsorship Management System for Tiers 2, 4, and 5 Sponsors
The Home Office has announced plans to introduce a wide range of improvements to its information technology (IT) systems, including the sponsorship management system (SMS). These enhancements will be effective July 1, 2013. The new features being introduced to the SMS include:
For all sponsors:
- Key dates related to sponsor licenses to be displayed in the "Licence summary" screen (changing from "Sponsor summary") in SMS; specifically, the start, expiration, and renewal dates for:
- - The sponsor license;
- Tier 2/5 Premium customer service (if applicable);
- Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) status (Tier 4 sponsors only).
- A new message screen, presented to all Level 1 users immediately after logging in. This new feature will be used to provide important information, forthcoming key dates and events, and answers to frequently asked questions; for example, common SMS user issues;
- An application and license renewal tracking function. Starting on July 1, this will allow users to track the status and outcomes of applications submitted for license renewal, Premium customer service and renewal (if applicable), and HTS status and renewal (Tier 4 only);
- Revisions to the SMS menu structure and content. The changes include new menu options for the functions being added, removal of the "Outstanding payments" item (as payment by check will no longer be accepted for any sponsorship services beginning July 1) and renaming of existing menu options for greater ease of navigation.
For Tier 2/5 sponsors:
- Addition of an online renewal function for Tier 2/5 Premium customer service;
- Display of Premium customer service license manager and senior account manager contact details (if applicable);
- Advanced search function for certificates of sponsorship (CoS). This will allow SMS users for Tier 2/5 sponsors to more easily identify CoS that they have created using a wider range of search parameters;
- Ability to delete CoS records, where the CoS have not been assigned;
- Reduced and simplified options for reporting migrant activity;
- Additional information about action plans issued to sponsors, including status updates and key dates;
- Revisions to the online sponsor application system, including a much reduced, quicker, and simpler process for existing sponsors to add tiers or categories to their licenses.
In advance of these changes, the Home Office has published, revised, and reformatted SMS user guides, which are available on the Home Office website.
Back to Home