UNITED KINGDOM: Home Office Launches Business Helpdesk
On July 1, 2013, the Home Office launched the Business Helpdesk in response to demand from employers for a single point of contact for queries about becoming a sponsor or hiring people from outside the EEA. Following a successful pilot, the new service is now available to all sponsors, businesses, and Tier 1 investors.
For employers, the Business Helpdesk can provide:
- Clarification of immigration policy or guidance;
- Status updates on applications for sponsorship;
- Status updates on any applications made after becoming a sponsor;
- Status updates on applications to work or stay in the UK made by employees;
- A check to ascertain whether a prospective or current employee has filed an application with the Home Office;
- Information to enable employers to check on work authorization; and
- Technical help for the Sponsor Management System.
Related e-mail should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be answered within two days for status updates and up to five days for more complex queries.
EMPLOYEE CONSENT FORM
Back to Home