221 Nariman Point
Mumbai – 400 021
Phone: +91 22 6615 6560
Fax: +91 22 2287 2080
Web: www.lawquestinternational.com Poorvi Chothani's Profile:
Poorvi Chothani is the founder and owner of LawQuest, a law firm in Mumbai, India. LawQuest's areas of practice include Immigration Law (including Global Immigration Solutions), Intellectual Property Rights Law, Corporate Law, Property Law, Dispute Resolution, Personal and Family Law.
Poorvi is active in the Indian Merchant's Chamber and is involved in organizing and speaking at several law related events in Mumbai, Bangalore and New Delhi.
The media often seek Poorvi's opinions on issues of immigration (U.S. and Indian) and intellectual property. She is often quoted in the Economic Times, India's leading business daily and on radio and CNBC- TV 18 and Zee Business News. Poorvi speaks at events organized by India's premier, national organizations including the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and the Confederation of Indian Industries, the Federation of Indian Exporters to name a few. She was recently one of the nominees for a national award.
Poorvi has taught general law and intellectual property law at various educational institutes in Mumbai including at Temple University's, undergraduate, partnership program in India, the Government Law College, the H.R. College of Commerce and the Jai Hind College of Commerce and Economics, leading institutes in Mumbai.
- Immigration Law (For the US, the UK and India)
- Intellectual Property Law
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, USA, LL.M., 2003
- The Government Law College, Mumbai, Bombay University, LL.B., 1984
- Emerald Heights College For Women, The University of Madras, India, B.A., 1981
- The New York State Bar, 2004
- The Indian Bar, 1984 – The Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Member, Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL)
- Chair-person, Business and Legal Affairs Committee - Indian Merchant's Chamber (Ladies Wing)
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, European Association of Attorneys (AEA)
- Member, All India Legal Affairs Committee - Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Indo-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Interpreter Release, New York State Bar Journal, articles on www.ilw.com, India Law Journal (ILW), New Managing Intellectual Property Magazine, Money Talk, Asia Law Journal, Manupatra Intellectual Property Reports, Manupatra Newsline, NASSCOM's Portal and The Economic Times.