Vic Goel’s Story
Vic Goel is Managing Partner of Goel & Anderson, LLC. His practice includes strategic immigration planning to assist domestic and multinational corporations with recruitment and hiring of international professionals, highly skilled technicians, managers, executives, and students. His clients include multinational information technology companies, telecommunications providers, biotech and engineering firms, insurance and financial services firms, manufacturing entities, and luxury hotel chains, all of which rely on international personnel to meet their worldwide staffing needs. Vic focuses on the development of management plans that take an enterprise-wide approach to handling a client’s needs, allowing companies to hire international staff in a timely and cost-effective manner. His innovative immigration strategies have resulted in his clients saving of millions of dollars and untold man-hours.
Vic is an active speaker and writer on immigration law and appears as a featured and keynote speaker on immigration issues at national and international industry meetings and trade association conferences. He has been interviewed on immigration issues by the NBC Nightly News, and his articles and quotations have appeared in print and online forums such as The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, CNN.com, ComputerWorld magazine, SiliconIndia magazine, the Times of India and India Abroad, among others.
In addition to being a longtime member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Vic is also an active member of the Technology Association of America’s Immigration Policy Committee, the Compete America coalition, and the International Bar Association. He also provides advisory information on the intersection of immigration policy and foreign trade policy to business and trade associations around the world.
Vic has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Immigration Law,* and was awarded a Distinguished Peer Review Rating for legal ability and ethical standards from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.** He has also been selected for inclusion in The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers,*** a publication that identifies the preeminent lawyers in the field through annual peer recommendations.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Business Immigration Committee, 2003-2006, 2008-present (Chair, 2015-present)
- USCIS Transformation Liaison Committee, (Chair, 2011-2014)
- Interagency Liaison Committee, 2007-2014
- Finance Committee, 2011-2012
- Solo/Small Firm Conference Committee, 2011-2012
- CIS Ombudsman Liaison Committee, 2007-2011 (Chair, 2008-2011)
- USCIS Service Center Operations Committee, 2009-2011
- Annual Conference Committee, 2010-2011
- Vermont Service Center Liaison Committee, 2004-2006
- Technology Association of America
- Immigration Policy Committee
- American Bar Association
- Worldwide ERC
- Society for Human Resource Management
- International Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- J.D., The American University, Washington College of Law, 1993
- The American University Law Review
- B.A., Government and Politics, George Mason University, 1990
- Law Clerk to the Honorable G. Marvin Bober, Associate Chief Judge, U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges, Washington, D.C.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Stuart A. Levin, U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges, Washington, D.C.
*The Best Lawyers in America© 2015. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC. Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 39,000 leading attorneys cast almost 3.1 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
**Certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
***A publication of Law Business Research Ltd., London, U.K.